CareerBuilder recently surveyed 357 U.S. human resources and talent acquisition professionals to get the pulse on the biggest recruitment trends impacting businesses across the country in 2016. We’ve included some of the key findings below.
The most common reasons a candidate will decline a job offer include:
- Received another offer (37%).
- Compensation/benefits not in line with their expectations (37%).
- Candidate got a counter offer from their current company (13%).
When candidates received another offer, why did they end up taking it? Reasons included:
- The other company’s compensation offer was higher (50%).
- The other company offered the position first (34%).
- The selected company was in a better or more convenient location (27%).