When we say “We’re Building For You,” we mean you. The different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our diverse employee community drive the creativity, innovation and problem-solving at the heart of our business. We strive to foster an environment where all feel included, valued and empowered to be who they are, share their ideas and have their voice heard. At CareerBuilder, the power of diversity and inclusion starts from within, mirrors the markets we serve and extends to all the ways our team works together and with our highly diverse candidate pool and client base to fulfill our mission to Empower Employment.
As part of our overall focus on diversity and inclusion, we continue to stand in solidarity with the Black community in the fight for social justice and equality. Working together with our CB Cares D&I team, we have developed a multifaceted plan to help create lasting change by focusing in the areas of education and support for our employees; offering tools, technology and guidance to our clients that lead to greater diversity in hiring; and partnering with black-owned businesses to broaden and diversify our client base and further our mission to Empower Employment.
It takes thoughtful discussion followed by purposeful actions to create a true diverse culture that values inclusivity. We are committed to making certain the discussions of today are not simply a moment in time, but receive on-going attention and effort in order to propel change. Listed here is our 7-point plan that we have committed to at CareerBuilder that is currently in motion.
Education and Support for Our Employees
- Increased awareness for mental health support offered 24 hours, 7-days a week through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Investment in mandatory D&I training for all global employees covering the topics of “Effectively Addressing Unconscious Bias” and “How to be an Effective Ally” led by a third-party consultant from The Nevaeh Group, a female-founded, black-owned organization.
- Providing mandatory D&I training specific for manager-level and above employees through CB University that will be required annually, beginning July 2020.
- Adding Juneteenth to CareerBuilder’s list of annual paid US holidays.
Tools, Technology and Guidance to Clients Regarding Importance of Diversity in Hiring Practices
- Proactively highlighting how our products have been built to remove bias and support diverse hiring practices at each stage of the talent acquisition process.
- Utilization of our voice as a leader in the HR space to bring to light the need to prioritize diverse hiring practices by sharing data and statistics, and highlighting technology and tools available to improve hiring practices through our blogs, social media and traditional media channels.
Partnering with our Community
- As part of The Great Rehire™ and our mission to Empower Employment, we want to help black-owned small businesses and their hiring efforts to help them grow and recover. We are launching a promotion to provide our Talent Acquisition products free to Black-owned small business. This promotion includes our Talent Acquisition Standard Value Plan (job postings and candidate search) and will be available to access through our ecommerce site beginning August 1.
This is an effort that will continue to evolve and grow, but these actions serve as a start toward continued forward progress. Our CareerBuilder family is made up of diverse individuals that consistently strive to find ways to know more and do better. Our diverse and fastest growing job board, along with our tools, technology and services are helping to drive change in the way the HR industry operates. I am inspired by the passion of our people and our common conviction that we can all make a difference together.
-Irina Novoselsky, CareerBuilder CEO