Managing Changes to the New Form I-9
In this in-depth session, Dave Basham -- Management & Program Analyst, Outreach Branch, Verification Division, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services -- discusses:
- The new blocks and changes to the Form I-9.
- The timeline for moving to the new form.
- The differences between the fillable and paper copy.
- Avoiding common completion and storage mistakes.
- Additional tips to ensure compliance with the new form.
As of January 22, employers are required to use the newly revised Form I-9 for new employees. To help employers navigate these changes, Aurico hosted a webinar that is now available for download.
Best Practices for I-9 Compliance
- Review and update your I-9 policy with changes to I-9 forms.
- Review your Social Security no-match policy.
- Review your contractor/vendor policies.
- Provide regular, updated I-9 compliance training.
- Consider using an automated I-9 system-Ask your Aurico Representative about our robust Electronic I-9 system.
- Consider an audit of your Form I-9’s.