Most of the time when I talk to people about OFCCP compliance, I’m met with blank stares, glazed-over eyes, and vacant nods. OFCCP compliance isn’t exactly wrought with attributes that command amazement and interest.
But find an HR leader who is currently in the throes of an OFCCP audit or operating within the increased scrutiny of a conciliation agreement — and you’ll quickly find yourself becoming the most interesting person in the room.
I absolutely love OFCCP and EEO compliance, because it’s made up of a symphony of rules and regulations that give concrete directions for how companies must post their open job listings, recruit/source talent, engage with inbound applicants, and much more. It’s an iron-clad recruiting, hiring, compensation, and employment plan, lined out in painstaking detail and blessed by the federal government. Yet, OFCCP is also a confusing series of hundreds of tangled regulations that is becoming more and more difficult to decipher.
Many employers feel as soon as they get their compliance strategy set up, the regulations change again. And many have been burned badly by their compliance vendors, who have not adapted their technology or approaches to the modern compliance landscape.
I realized that the OFCCP compliance landscape leaves employers with questions that need some straightforward, actionable answers. So CareerBuilder and I have created a no-frills OFCCP compliance FAQ guide. to help you:
- Understand what OFCCP compliance is, and whether your company falls under OFCCP jurisdiction.
- Discover if your job listings are OFCCP-compliant.
- Make sense of the lengthy, complex and ever-changing rules of OFCCP compliance.
- Get in front of regulatory laws and trends coming soon.
- Know what actions you need to take next to ensure you’re compliant, and what to do if you get audited.