In 2016, we continued to invest in our pre-hire solutions, while making exciting acquisitions in post-hire software to become an end to end Human Capital Solutions company. This comes after spending the last several years expanding our offerings to transform into a global leader in the HR Software as a Service space.
Today, CareerBuilder is helping thousands of companies around the world find, hire and manage their employees.
What drives the changes we make is the valuable feedback we receive from our customers through countless interactions and face-to-face visits. Investing in our customers and their success is our No. 1 priority.
To that end, here is a look back at some of our key product initiatives throughout 2016:
Enhancements to the Consumer Experience
In addition to the nearly 20 million advertised job postings on CareerBuilder.com in 2016, we added key features to expand the site’s scope, providing tools and resources for job seekers at all points in their career journey.
- Gives job seekers an aggregate view of all applicants for a given job – including number of applicants, top colleges, years of experience and other background information – before they even apply.
- Received more than 300 million page views in 2016.
Resume View Notification:
- Alerts job seekers when their resume or job application has been viewed and which employers have viewed it. The information has been made more visible by its location on the job seeker’s homepage.
- Approximately 60 million resume view notification emails were sent in 2016.
- Provides information about careers, related jobs and salary information for hundreds of occupations across the country. This information can be found by directly going to the “Explore Careers” page on CareerBuilder.com; it also appears within job search results.
- Since launching, career details pages were accessed more than 800,000 times.
- Launched an innovative partnership program between CareerBuilder and Capella Learning Solutions to help employers find the right talent for their hard-to-fill positions.
- RightSkill pairs expert-built learning experiences with talent acquisition services to bridge the growing skills gap and create a new supply of verified, job-ready candidates.
CareerBuilder has made ongoing updates to its search, distribution and resume parsing products to improve everything from speed and readability to ease of use and efficiency.
- Increased the volume of candidate profiles and email addresses within Recruitment Edge by 66 percent by adding more sources. Customers have access to over 150 million candidate profiles with verified contact information.
- 200 customers participated in the Beta of a new semantic search interface for the CareerBuilder Resume Database, with a full release of this feature slated for early 2017.
- Doubled the speed of product load times.
- Enhanced our Bullhorn integration so that clients utilizing Bullhorn as their ATS can now download resumes from CareerBuilder without leaving their ATS.
Broadbean Job Distribution:
- Added 150 new job board partners in Q4. Thousands of job boards are available to customers of our Job Distribution software.
- Updated the distribution user interface, making it cleaner, more appealing and easier to read.
- Added a Delayed Responses feature, which postpones the sending of automatic emails to candidates, providing more flexibility and control over communications.
- Celebrated their 15th anniversary and accelerated the expansion of their business globally, especially in the U.S. market.
- Enhanced the ability to parse resumes and jobs. We are now supporting resume parsing in 17 languages.
- New ATS integrations launched including Oracle/Taleo, which allow users to search their private candidate data using Textkernel’s semantic search technology.
CareerBuilder has made several noteworthy enhancements to software that help clients build high-performing career sites with automatic CRM and easily capture, track and manage applicants.
- One of our most popular products, with 4,000-plus live talent networks in 2016.
- Added candidate source tracking, which allows clients to see referring candidate source in their ATS, direct from our career sites.
- Updated the job application process, which led to a reduction in the number of steps a candidate must take to both join and apply to a job; as a result, we are now delivering a higher conversion rate for member applicants.
- Overhaul of the reporting module within the ATS, improving the speed, quality and flexibility of reports that customers generate.
- Added the ability to trigger background check requests through Aurico directly from the ATS workflow, resulting in quicker background check processing and tracking.
- Enhanced the candidate management capabilities, allowing customers to easily review their events and resumes on a desktop computer and search for candidates whose information was captured at events.
- Acquired Aurico (March 2016); a leading provider of background screening and drug testing serving U.S. and international clients.
- Launched new integrations with Ultipro, Jazz and SAP, while enhancing the CareerBuilder, Workterra, Workday, Kenexa and Bullhorn ATS integrations.
- Improved average report turnaround for our customers to a record low of 34 hours and was recognized again on the HRO Today Baker’s Dozen List of Top Background Screening Providers.
Workterra: Acquired Workterra (Sept. 2016); a leading innovator in cloud-based benefits administration and talent management. Workterra serves more than 1 million employees at more than 650 companies across the U.S.
Improvements to CareerBuilder’s recruitment analytics products allow customers to gain richer insight into their competition, help them better quantify workforce availability and have an overall more efficient experience with our products.
Emsi Analytics for College Recruiting: Added aggregated campus career fair data that allows customers to see which companies are recruiting at specific campus events to gauge potential competitors.
Emsi Analytics for Talent Acquisition: Added the ability to analyze full-text job postings and analyze talent pools based on commute time vs. geographic distance, helping to better quantify workforce availability.
- Enhancements to this tool – which houses more than 150 million data points and counting – include faster reporting and analysis; improvements to the user interface for mobile and tablet; and greater customization in reports.
- Enhanced site is moving into Beta with several hundred customers in Q2 2017; full release of this feature slated for 2017.